Doctor insights on:
Can Thyroid Disease Affect Unborn Child
You can have problems with they thyroid making too much or too little thyroid hormone. You can also have problems with it being too large (goiter) of having nodules or cysts in it. There are also occasional thyroid cancers. Most thyroid problems can be easily diagnosed and treated ...Read more
What does it mean if my blood work results say I have a high thyroid count im worried about my unborn child im 19 weeks?
Talk to your doc: It depends what you mean by "high thyroid". If you mean a high tsh, that generally does need treatment during pregnancy. If you mean it looks like you have an over active thyroid, you might not. There is a change in thyroid hormone levels that normally occurs during pregnancy and it doesn't need treatment. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Could hashimoto's thyroid disease affect the size of a person's thyroid lobes? Thyroid sono showed mine to be slightly smaller than normal , overall.
I have overactive thyroid disease and a doctor here wants to remove my thyroid. What are the risks or side affects of this procedure. ?
Get second opinion: Radio active iodine is much safer, but may need life long Thyroid replacement. The other option is anti thyroid medications life long. Surgery in the best of hands is safe & a surgeon who does only thyroid surgery will be OK. Too many vital structures close to thyroid & have seen Many complications! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can your thyroid disease affect your liver enzymes?
- Can gallbladder disease affect thyroid hormones?
- How can thyroid disease and menopause affect your life?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can thyroid disease cause lymph nodes to swell?
- Allergy medicine that i can take with a thyroid disease
- Can you die from thyroid disease?
- Can a cold sore on my lip affect my unborn baby?
- Talk to a pediatrician online