Doctor insights on:
Can Thymoma Spread Via The Lymph Nodes
Thymoma is a type of cancer where the uncontrolled growth of thymus cells may cause compress the nearby lung or esophagus causing cough, shortness of breath, difficulty swallowing, and chest pain. Thymomas are also associated with diseases where the immune system targets ...Read more
1.5 to 1.9cm, 2 lymph nodes neat suspected thymoma in ant mediastinum. Pet suv was 3.8 for thymoma and 4.7 for 1.9 node. Could it it by lymphoma?
Hard to tell, Biopsy: Only a biopsy can tell the cause of these abnormalities. Unless you have some symptoms from these lesions in the mediastinum, i would be inclined to wait before jumping right now into this area for a biopsy. An interval repeat study pet or ct scan in 2 months would be my preference. Why were all these tests done? Do you have any pain or fever? What is your doctor's recommendation for further step. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Enlarged lymph node: Where is the enlarged lymph node? Any unusually enlarged lymph node, if not from infection/inflammation, should be evaluated. Thymoma is a benign tumor, usually do not cause lymphadenopathy. Thymic carcinoma, however, is a cancer and can spread to local lymph node in advanced stage. Hope helps. ...Read more
2 enlarged lymph nodes in the ant mediastinum, pet suv of abt 4.7, suspected thymoma nearby. Can this be lymphoma?
Have a 3cm ant mediastinum mass and 2 enlarged lymph nodes. Can docs tell if it's lymphoma or thymoma? Weight loss and bad cough as well.
3cm thymoma detected. Pet suv peak 3.8 with nearby lymph node 0.7-1cm. Results inconclusive. Is a biopsy dangerous to do. Is cancer spillage possible?
During vats surgery of thymoma with enlarged lymph node nearby, can surgeon tell if it's lymphoma and stop surgery or cut out node as well?
Are lymph nodes that are removed to look for cancer spread taken out in order? Ex: 20 removed & 10 positive. Is cancer gone b/c last 10 were clear?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Eye infections that can cause swollen lymph node behind the ear
- Can cocaine use cause swollen lymph nodes in the neck?
- Can fluid in the ear cause swollen lymph nodes?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How fast can colon cancer spread to lymph nodes?
- Can a mastectomy with lymph node removal lead to intense itching in the arms?
- What can cause swollen lymph nodes in the groin?
- What are the odds of a squamous cell skin cancer spreading to lymph nodes?
- Talk to a head and neck surgeon online for free