Doctor insights on:
Can They Retrieve Eggs From A Person Without A Cervix Who Has Had A Hysterectomy
Can a person who had a hysterectomy and who has her ovaries but has lupus harvest her eggs to do invitro with a suraget?
Why does a gyn do a pap smear when a person had a total hysterectomy (cervix & ovaries also) i had one done & the results are abnormal sil?
Papsmears , hysterec: After a partial hysterectomy when the uterus is removed ; the neck of the uterus (cervix) remains u will need to continue pap smears. After a total hysterectomy when both the uterus and cervix are removed for a cancerous or precancerous condition, regular pap smears remain important. U can stop having pap smears, after a total hysterectomy for non cancerous condition. If u have lgsil, follow up. ...Read more
Technically yes: If you have a functioning ovary, then technically you still have viable eggs. It is unlikely that a reproductive endocrinologist would recommend using eggs from a 40 year old due to the increased risk for genetic anomalies and the decreased likelihood of a successful transfer with the eggs fo that age. Since the eggs are as old as the donor, egg donors are usually much younger. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I'm forty three and had a partial hysterectomy still have both ovaries how do I know if I still have eggs to freeze?
I'm 48, had partial hysterectomy, interested to have my eggs harvested. Possible? Chances of the eggs/baby being healthy? I'm looking for surrogate
Low: At 48, your ovaries are still functioning, but the chances of a baby are low. Risk of trisomy 21 is 1:8, risk of trisomy 18 1:33, and risk of any chromosomal abnl is 1:5. I would be weary, though, of a rei doctor that was willing to do so. Consultation with a board certified rei doctor should be first step. ...Read more
If lve had a hysterectomy & l still have my ovaries can l produce eggs that can be used threw a surrogate to make a baby?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can a woman who has had a complete hysterectomy get ovarian cancer?
- Can you get mono from drinking from a glass with a person who has it?
- Can a person who has had a kidney transplant still have bypass surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Could you get chlamydia from a glass from a person who has chlamydia
- What foods can a person who has barretts esophagus include in the diet?
- Can a person who has marfan syndrome still grow muscle?
- Can you catch the flu from someone who just had the flu shot?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free