Doctor insights on:
Can There Be Complications With Taking Antibiotics To Treat Food Poisoning
Fluids, maybe meds: Supportive care, fluids, brat diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, tea), maybe meds. Not always antibiotics; be careful using antidiarrheals-can retain the germ. Probiotics can be helpful. Contact md if prolonged, fever, bleeding, can't keep things down or in. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Time and Fluids: Meds for symptoms: uncontrolled vomiting (zofran, phenergan, compazine). Moderate diarrhea - imodium. Since most food poisoning is self-limited, pushing fluids and getting rest is best most of the time. If high fever, severe abdominal pain, bloody stools, or are sick for more than 48 hours, see a doctor! you may need antibiotics and IV fluids. Xifaxan is a nice antibiotic for traveller's diarrhea. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Symptomatically: For the most part. Although some causes of foodborne gastroenteritis should not be treated with anti-diarrheal meds despite diarrhea because shigella and e. Coli o157 can be made worse. Remember some foodborne diseases are not specifically gastrointestinal such as botulism and amnestied shellfish poisoning and scombroid fish poisoning. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What can I do to treat food poisoning? I believe I have contracted food poisoning. What medicines should I take?
Hmm: Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain within a few hours of ingestion. Provided your symptoms get better in a day or , fluids and supportive measures should take care o it . If symptoms persist more than a day or 2 a more complete history and physical by your doctor is advised. ...Read more
Depends on cause: Food poisoning may be due to chemical contamination, contamination by organisms, e.g., hepatitis, giardia, e coli, cryptosporidium, listeria etc; preformed microbial toxins like staphylococcal toxin, botulism etc. Treatment would depend in the cause of food poisoning. The best approach would be prevention. See this for more info http://www.Webmd.Com/food-recipes/food-poisoning/food-poisonin. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can there be complications with mono if i have diabetes?
- What can be used to treat antibiotic associated diarrhea?
- Can there be complications with hepatitis b if i have diabetes?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What medicine is there to treat food poisoning?
- What foods are you not allowed to eat when taking doxycycline with meals?
- Can doxycycline be used to treat tonsillitis?
- Can amox clav 875 mg be used to treat tooth ache?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free