Doctor insights on:
Can There Be A False Positive Pregnancy Test
Yes : Certain tumors produce HCG and these will produce a false-positive pregnancy test even in a man. A chemical pregnancy (in which the conception is lost very early) might be considered a false-positive. I trust the specimen is not contaminated. Good luck; i hope that whatever comes next is what you want. ...Read more
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
What factors can contribute to a false positive pregnancy test? I'm not on any medication and an curious if my positive result might be incorrect.
Probably positive: It's probably positive. The test checks for the Beta subunit of HCG, and it doesn't cross react with other hormones. It sounds like you are pregnant. ...Read more
What is the percentage of the depo shot for birth control failing, can the shot cause false positive pregnancy test?
What can cause a false positive pregnancy test? Is it possible to not be far enough along for a blood test to detect pregnancy?
Tumor and yes: Early menopause may raise serum betahcg levels enough to give a false positive, some tumors and molar pregnancy produce beta HCG and will give a positive test. Yes, you may be too early in pregnancy to have a positive blood test. If you think you are pregnant, you may wish to repeat the tests in a week. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can cause a pregnancy test to be false positive?
- Can a positive pregnancy test be false?
- Can you get a false positive pregnancy test on mirena?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can uterine cancer result in a false positive pregnancy test?
- What can cause a false positive pregnancy test?
- Can cervical cancer cause a false positive pregnancy test?
- Can cancer cause a false positive pregnancy test?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online