Doctor insights on:
Vitamin B12 And Heartburn
When acid and peptic juices reflux into the esophagus, one might have the sensation of burning or pain under the breast bone. It can radiate up to the throat and down to the region of the solar plexus. Some may describe it as bad 'indigestion' and others may feel like they are ...Read more
No: It's good to supplement with B12 if you are a vegetarian, necessary is you are a strict vegetarian / vegan. Don't try to figure out why you have acne; simply manage it with topical benzoyl peroxide and/or retinoic acid, supplementing with your physician's Rx if needed, until it remits on its own. ...Read more
Can the supplement vitamin b-12 cause painful (widening) of blood vessels to the skin (feet) resulting in skin feeling hot?
Vit B-12: People frequently feel flushing, usually of face, sometimes to the point that they are unable to take it. The feet swelling would suggest something else going on. ...Read more
Achlorhydria B12: You need to have acid in the stomach to assist with the the absorption of B12 (too technical to explain here). Without acid due to an acquired condition such as achlorhydria or to medication affects (from proton pump inhibitors which are commonly prescribed), you can develop B12 deficiency. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Needs evaluation: I am sorry to tell you that high B12 levels can be a sign of serious health problems including liver ; kidney disease, myelproliferative disorders including leukemia ; polycythemia vera ; hypereosinophilic syndrome. High intake of B12 does not cause these. It is important for you to be evaluated to find the underlying cause. See http://healthyeating.Sfgate.Com/high-vitamin-b12-mean-9057.Htm. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can a vitamin b 12 deficiency cause itchy skin?
- Can vitamin b 12 make you sick to the stomach?
- Can vitamin b 12 deficiency cause hallucinations?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can vitamin b 12 cause vomiting?
- Can excess vitamin b 12 cause anxiety?
- Can prilosec cause vitamin b 12 loss?
- Can too much vitamin b in the body cause a lack of balance?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free