Doctor insights on:
Can The Vaccine Cause Tetanus
Latin word for cow, vacca, because of the smallpox/cowpox work of edward jenner, vaccination is the administration of a substance, live organism or otherwise, that stimulates the immune response to prevent a specific disease. Primarily a preventative procedure, some vaccines can ...Read more
Pobably the stress: Even a needle can distress some people. If there is an unknown risk factor (e.g. Minor genetic) it could be the "last straw on the camel's back". Overall good health is the greatest protection. ...Read more
Quality control: All vaccines licensed & sold in the US undergo a rigorous pre & postmarket review & manufacturers undergo constant monitoring. After entering the distribution pathway, proper handling of the material before administration can create a problem for quality & effectiveness. Each vaccine has a vulnerability to heat/ poor storage improper administration etc. I trust the vaccines more than some clinics. ...Read more
Combined: Tetanus vaccines are never given alone - they are always combined with at least one other vaccine, diphtheria, and now often combined with pertussis as well. It is likely the combination vaccines that cause greater local reaction and thus the "pain" you experience with the vaccine. Make sure to move your arm around a lot after the vaccine. If you try to keep things too still, it'll hurt more! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Confusing question: There is a tetanus toxoid, which helps you develop your own anti-tetanus antibodies if given ahead of time. There is also a tetanus immune globulin, which is pre-formed antibodies. Tig is a product that is helpful if the person has never received a tetanus shot and needs protection right away. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can the tetanus vaccine cause high fever?
- Can the flu vaccine cause the flu?
- Can sinus infection cause a strange smell in the nose?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can a tooth ache cause pain in the throat?
- Can kidney stones cause a pain in the tip of your penis?
- What over-the-counter drugs can cause you to miscarry?
- Bumps in the mouth on my gums what can cause this to happen
- Talk to a pediatrician online