Doctor insights on:
Can The Panchakarma Techniques Work For Back Pain
Possibly: According to ayurveda, panchakarma can be helpful for many health issues by restoring balance and clearing toxicities from the body. Back pain, in particular, is addressed as a vata disorder for which the panchakarma therapy of basti treatments is prescribed. In addition, daily massage treatments can also be helpful for back pain. If it persists, however, consider a full medical consultation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
ESI: An epidural steroid injection is a minimally invasive procedure that delivers steroids via a needle directly into the epidural space to help reduce inflammation. The steroid is absorbed and metabolized within few weeks. However, the pain relief might extend beyond this time frame. Prolonged pain relief is presumed to result from a reduction in an inflammatory process. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Not usually: The correct treatment for your back pain depends on the proper diagnosis as to what is causing your back pain. It can be muscular, a facet joint or alignment issue, SI joint issue, disc problem, arthritis, connective tissue disorder and others. A proper evaluation with appropriate imaging should help identify the cause and direct your provider to a proper course of treatment. Hope this helps. ...Read more
Does massage therapy work for back pain , shoulder pain ? Is it worth it? What are the alternatives?
Yes : If the presentation us primarily muscular symptoms, massage can give temporary relief but does not address the underlying cause or causes unless it was muscular in origin. Otherwise, depending on the cause of the pain, treatment can range from time, medication, exercise and sometimes injections ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can be the cause for pain in my right side abdomen and burning with i pee?
- How long before i can go back to work after surgery for a broken leg?
- Over the counter muscle relaxer for back pain
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can cause pain in the upper left part of my back?
- I have lower back pain from standing on hard floor at work what can i do
- How can i make the pain go away in my lower back?
- What can i do to ease the vaginal and back pain while pregnant?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free