Doctor insights on:
Can The Cracks Heal And Form Scars That Will Obstruct The Milk Ducts
I had an abscess from a clogged milk duct. I had to get it lanced. Now there is no lump, but pain where it was. What should I do? Can scar tissue hurt
Possible scar pain: Yes, sometime healing tissue can cause soreness in the area but anyway you should watch also for recurrent infection. If it is too tender, red, swollen or with pus needs evaluation and most likely treatment with another antibiotic. If it looks clean and pain is mild most of the time eventually gets better. ...Read more
Help-i have redness & small blisters & cracks (burns?) from laser hair removal on face, neck & corners of mouth what should I use to heal w/o scars?
Ointment: It sounds like you may have some mild burns from the hair removal laser. Any cracks or blisters should be covered with antibiotic ointment and kept clean. Avoid any sun exposure until you are cleared by your treating physician to reduce any damage. The face usually recovers very quickly from this type of treatment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Ductogram: There may not be any way to tell if a nipple duct is clogged unless one does a ductogram. This involves injecting dye into a duct using a fine catheter which is quite involved and tedious. Why do you need to know? If you worry about breastfeeding, you have several dozen ducts which can provide milk. ...Read more
Yes, but...: All males technically have ducts in their nipples and areola but they are not usually functional. Without the proper hormonal stimulation, the breast tissue and ducts do not develop to the point of milk production. There are situations where male breasts can be stimulated to produce milk. You should see your doctor for advise regarding your particular situation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Milk duct: Refer to my answer above. Is called lactiferous duct. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i deal with the dizziness and nausea that occurs after hemodialysis?
- Can the follicles form cysts or scars after laser hair removal?
- Can a porcelain inlay cause damage to the tooth and crack it?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Illnesses and syndromes that can affect the skeletal system
- Can diet nutrition heal scar tissue in the heart?
- How can i get rid of the scars that i have from cuts?
- Natural teas or supplements that can help swelling and poor circulation in the legs
- If a scar heals will the hair grow back