Doctor insights on:
Can The Birth Control Shot Be Making Me Lose My Hair
Possible: Any time there is a significant change in hormone levels, like starting the shot for birth control (or getting pregnant, or after delivery, or starting or stopping birth control pills, etc) the normal cycle of hair growth and replacement can be affected. The most common change noted is an increase in hair loss - it should be a transient change. Within a few months the hair loss should stop. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Alopecia is the loss of hair. Hair loss can be caused by different reasons, including damage to the hair shaft or follicles. Fungal infections can also cause hair loss. There are two main types of alopecia. Alopecia areata occurs when the body's immune system attacks hair follicles and causes hair to fall out. Androgenetic alopecia, on the other hand, is an inherited form of hair loss. With alopecia areata, hair can fall out in patches all over the body. With androgenetic alopecia, hair on the head thins and falls out. In men, this is called male pattern hair loss; in women, it is called female diffuse hair loss. About 60% of people with androgenetic alopecia are men. Hair loss caused by ...Read more
BCP pills and acne: Birth control pills, oral contraceptives, are hormone pills that block the release of an egg, ovum, from a woman's ovary, and thus prevent pregnancy.They have an effect on every aspect of the woman's body that is affected by hormones, like acne, oiliness, perspiration, moods, and hair growth.Some bcps help acne, by having a strong female hormone effect, while others hurt , a male hormone effect. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What do you suggest if my eyebrows are really thinning out and I take 'norimin' birth control, do they cause hair loss?
Will seasonale birth control cause hair loss?Ive had alopecia and def don't need hair to come out more?Not on any bc now.
Birth control: Check your thyroid to see if you are hypothyroid ...Read more
Contraception is also known as Birth control. Contraceptiion is a means of preventing conception (or fertilization). There are hormonal and non hormonal methods of preventing sperm and egg from meeting. Talk to your doctor or clinic about what options are best for you. There are short acting methods (condoms, pills, patch, ring) and long ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Birth control making me get zits and lose my hair
- Do i have to be on my period to get the birth control shot?
- How much can i drink while on the shot birth control?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- If i start using birth control for the first time can it mess up my breast milk
- What could be the cause of the inability for me to control my urination as a man?
- Can you tell me about the withdrawal method of birth control?
- Can taking the birth control pill cause a person to gain weight or lose weight?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free