Doctor insights on:
Can Testosterone Cause Rapid Heartbeat
Yes, rarely: Although rare, rapid heart beat has been described with testosterone use. One mechanism of this is that rarely testosterone can cause a drop in blood sugar. This can result in a rapid hearbeat as the body releases adrenaline in response to the low blood sugar level. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is there different types of testosterones that will cause a rapid heartbeat a few hours after injection more than others? How can this be prevented?
Not to my understand: While people react differently to different medications, there's no way of knowing in advance which testosterone will cause what side effect. All the hormone preparations list tachycardia or fast heart rate as a side effect. There's no specific way to mitigate these side effects but generic cardiac meds can be used. Talk to your prescriber or use HealthTap Prime to discuss your individual case. ...Read more
Can elevated levels of testosterone (two to three times the normal amount for a thin, 18 year old female) cause palpitations or MItral Valve Prolapse?
Probably unrelated: The tachycardia is probably unrelated to the act of eating per se, but may be related to what you've eaten, especially if your food contains any form of cardiac stimulant or you have a food allergy or intolerance. Unless it's occurring regularly, it's likely coincidence. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can cause rapid heartbeat?
- Can alcohol cause rapid heartbeat?
- Can tramadol cause rapid heartbeat?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can a hiatal hernia cause rapid heartbeat?
- Causes of sudden rapid heartbeat
- What can i do if adderall causes a rapid heartbeat?
- Can eating too much sugar cause rapid heartbeat?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free