Doctor insights on:
Can Teething Cause A Fever
Maybe: The average 10mo is both acquiring teeth & sticking his/her hands in their mouth covered with new germs from their surroundings.Whether this is teeth or low grade viral illness is hard to say. I expect about 3 diarrheal illnesses & 5-7 respiratory viruses/yr at this stage. Since we can't fix either i think we blame teeth a bit more than they really deserve. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Perhaps: Although there's no evidence that teething causes fever, fevers of less than 100 degrees have been reported. If upper teeth trying to erupt vagus nerve stimulation can result in runny nose. As to appetite, would you want to eat if your teeth were sore? Please see Pediatric Dental Specialist (1st Dental exam Age 1). See Pediatrician to check for cold/virus. You must see both. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Can teething be the cause of a fever that my 15 month old son has had it for 2 days. He has no cold symptoms all he has is fever and crankiness?
My son is 2 years of age, having fever on and off for 4 days. What should I do? His 4 incisors are going out. Is teething the cause of his fever?
Teething fever?: I don't think anyone can answer that question for sure. There seems to be a disagreement in the dental and medical community on that issue. It's possible. Having said that, if your child has a low grade fever, i would check with your own pediatrician as to what he\she believes and whether it would be a good idea to have your child in for an evaluation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can teething cause on and off fevers in a 10 month old and diaherra?
- Can teething cause a fever in babies?
- Can constipation cause a fever in a toddler?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can a high fever cause vomiting?
- Can teething cause a cough?
- Can a yeast infection cause a fever?
- Can a fever cause hallucinations in children?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free