Doctor insights on:
Can Synthroid Cause Paranoia In Older People
I am 60 year old male, diabetic for 30 years, on insulin. I have been on sythroid for 15 years. For the last 2 years, Synthroid causing neck pain, why?
Yes: That's a huge dose. Please see your doctor. ...Read more
What if my thyroid level is 595 low and I am already taking Synthroid .50 micro gram and I am 48 years old male?
Go see your doctor: Your age & gender are irrelevant to your thyroid medication/dose. I'm not familiar w/test result that you refer to as "thyroid level is 595 low". We monitor TSH w/normal reference range 0.45-4.5. If your T3 or T4 is low, then you need more synthroid but if your TSH is low, then you need less. I suspect your synthroid dose is 50mcg (microgram), not 0.5mcg. That's why you need to see your doctor. ...Read more
I think i may have taken too many synthroid...How do I know if I should get medical attention? My regular dose is 100mcg...Im 31 years old...I was switching back and forth between day and night shifts...And i think I am confusing my days and nights...I ju
No. : No. You should be ok. Side effects of too much thyroid include: rapid heartrate, chest pain, fatigue, sweating. It should be temporary. You really need to make sure that you don't do this again. I suggest using a 7 day pill box to help remind you whether you took the medicine already or not. Best wishes. ...Read more
Very unlikely: Synthroid is giving you levothyroxine, a naturally occurring compound that the thyroid normally makes. It is remotely possible (< 1% chance) that the headache could be due to a reaction to the dye in the pills. If so, then switching to 50 mcg pills (may need more than 1 per day) would eliminate the headaches. ...Read more
Probably nothing: It's a long release medication so one pill will probably do nothing. I wouldn't worry about it unless he is allergic to the pill. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can ammonia in a left lung cause to a 2 year old baby?
- Can a hiatal hernia cause chest pain in a 20 yr old woman?
- What can be the cause of lack of appetite in case of 2 year old kid?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can be the cause of vertigo in a 30 year old woman pilot in steep dives?
- What can cause optic neuritis in a healthy 17 year old girl?
- Can endometriosis cause infertility in a 20 year old?
- What can cause rapid weight loss in a young 8 month old baby?
- Talk to a psychologist online for free