Doctor insights on:
Can Synthroid Cause Hepatitis
I am 13 weeks pregnant. I am on Synthroid (thyroxine) 50 mcg and citranatal DHA vitamins. I also had a hepatitis at an age of 5. Can i eat two grapefruits a day or will it interact with medications listed above?
Doubtful: 2 grapefruits will not interfere with your mediciation; however, can interfere with other mediciations and antibiotics: check with your OB-GYN. ...Read more
Yes: Sure, if it is too much. Have your doctor measure serum T4 and tsh, and adjust the dose. ...Read more
I took 7.5 mg 7500mcg Synthroid (thyroxine) 4 days ago. Is that enough to cause overdose symptoms?
Yes: That's a huge dose. Please see your doctor. ...Read more
Very unlikely: Synthroid is giving you levothyroxine, a naturally occurring compound that the thyroid normally makes. It is remotely possible (< 1% chance) that the headache could be due to a reaction to the dye in the pills. If so, then switching to 50 mcg pills (may need more than 1 per day) would eliminate the headaches. ...Read more
Osteoporosis: It is very unlikely particularly if you are taking the dose your doctor prescribed and you have follow up labs. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can synthroid cause constipation?
- Can synthroid cause dizziness?
- Can synthroid cause paranoia in older people?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can too much synthroid cause weight gain?
- Can hepatitis b cause ibs?
- Can autoimmune hepatitis cause nosebleeds?
- Can gallbladder enzymes cause hepatitis b?
- Talk to a hepatologist online for free