Doctor insights on:
Can Sweet Potatoes Cause Constipation In Babies
6 months old baby started eating organic made baby food. Now is constipated.she's had sweet potatoes, banana, Apple's, peas, squash, zucchini. ?
Why the rush: Solids in the first year do not help the baby grow better.Breast milk is an adequate nutrition source, and solids today are primarily a training process to transition them to the table. Apples and bananas are constipating agents. Prunes & pears loosen stools. I'd quit the rush through the list of foods and just keep it simple. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Define constipation: Breast fed kids may go a little every feed or one bulky stool every 7-10 days & if soft they are not constipated. Most formula babies go 1-2xd. Any stool that is dried out is constipation & a sign things are not moving along fast enough. Gas is from air swallowed or gas produced by gut germs. Fussy is whatever baby feels pissy about often fatigue. ...Read more
Which formula is best for weight gain in babies & wont cause constipation? My son is 9months old & weights 7, 8kg, uses infacare formula at the moment
Get baby checked: Constipation at this age is either diet related, i.e excessive dairy intake or some reason for them to hold stools like an anal fissure, for which a proper exam will be helpful. In the meantime, u can add more vegetables to his diet and give him Karo syrup or prune juice. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Sweet potato ibs constipation
- Can sweet potatoes cause lupus flares?
- A babys allergies to sweet potatoes
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can sweet potatoes help with electrolytes?
- Do potatoes cause constipation?
- Can milk cause constipation in babies?
- Can yogurt cause constipation in babies?
- Talk to a pediatrician online