Doctor insights on:
Can Sunblock Be Used For Poison Ivy
I have this rash on both of forearms and i've used poison ivy products to heal it but I still can't figure out what it can possibly be.?
See your doctor: Symmetrical rashes on exposed surfaces such as forearms are often due to a contact dermatitis such as poison ivy. Once present, the rash can last a week or more before improving. If the rash is not resolving with over the counter treatments, i would suggest seeing your doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Hydrocortisone: Hydrocortisone cream usually controls it provided there is no further exposure. Be sure to clean out everything which might have possibly been in contact with poison ivy with laundry or dish detergent. Otherwise it will keep on coming back. The lip is an unusual place for poison ivy (unless the lipstick has been contaminated) and thus one needs to question the diagnosis. ...Read more
Mild Cortisone: Use a mild cortisone over the counter cream for the vulva area. This skin is thinner here than other areas,so you just don't want to use a stronger prescription steroid in this sensitive area as it may thin the skin. You can try an over the counter antihistamine like zyrtec daily to help control itchiness. If this doesn't clear up within the week, you may need a visit with your physician. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can triamcinolone acetonide cream be used for acne?
- Can albuterol be used for clearing nasal congestion related to the common cold?
- What can fucidin cream be used for?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can clindamycin be used for uti?
- Can epidural anesthesia be used for gallbladder surgery instead of general?
- Can vaseline be used for dry scalp?
- Can clindamycin be used for sinus infection?
- Talk to a dermatologist online