Doctor insights on:
Can Stress And Thinking Too Much Cause Digestive Problems
Absolutely: The digestive system is very sensitive to stress in many people. From top to bottom, symptoms can include nausea, lack of appetite, stomach pains, stomach gurgling, diarrhea or constipation. It's best to manage the stress itself; in the meantime you might try over-the-counter digestive aids like pepto-bismol. See a doctor if symptoms are severe or persist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Stress affects most people in some way. Acute (sudden, short-term) stress leads to rapid changes throughout the body. Almost all body systems (the heart and blood vessels, immune system, lungs, digestive system, sensory organs, and brain) gear up to meet perceived danger. These stress responses could prove beneficial in a critical, life-or-death situation. Over time, however, repeated stressful situations put a strain on the body that may contribute to physical and psychological problems. Chronic (long-term) stress can have real health consequences and should be addressed like any other health concern. Fortunately, research is showing that lifestyle changes and stress-reduction techniques can help people learn ...Read more
Sudden (during one night) generalized edema, lasting for 15 years. Very long-lasting stress, digestive problems, constipation, non-stop thirst, dry lips.
Can not drinking enough water cause digestive problems? I am 32 yo male, 175lbs. How much should I be drinking?
Yes.: Not drinking enough water causes colon to maximally reabsorb water from stool in distal colon producing constipation. Minimum water intake is driven by obligatory losses which are 1600 ml/day. Minimum fluid intake is therefore 1600 ml per day divided among fluids - 500 cc/day, water in food - 800 cc/day and water derived from metabolism - 300 cc/day. Beating the minimum is a good idea. ...Read more
Food Myths: I am not sure where this question comes from. But, there is no medical or health effect from eating pomegranate when ever you ingest it. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can too much caffeine cause kidney problems?
- Can drinking too much red wine cause internal damage and rectal bleeding?
- Can too much tylenol cause kidney problems?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can too much grapefruit juice cause bladder problems?
- Can too much serotonin cause memory problems?
- Can too much calcium in diet and supplements cause breast calcifications?
- Can too much potassium cause liver problems?
- Can too much stress cause random muscular pains and sore eyes?