Doctor insights on:
Can Statin Cause Insomnia
Several drugs exist which lower cholesterol by inhibiting an enzyme in liver cells (hmg-coa reductase) that is involved in cholesterol synthesis. These all have generic names that end in -statin, e.g. Atorvastatin (lipitor) and Simvastatin (zocor). Since nearly all of the meds in this class have been shown to have similar cardiovascular benefits, we often discuss them ...Read more
Astt 88 ALT 188 non smoker occasional drinker 50 yo female on statins..Any other cause for the elevation? Never been elevated before
Combination: It may be a combination of factors. Discuss with your pcp. He may suggest some other tests, including an ultrasound of your liver. ...Read more
No!: The don't and don't believe anyone who says they do. ...Read more
Statins: It is true that some type of muscular disease are more prone to develop rhabdmyalisis. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Insomnia statins
- Can gerd cause insomnia?
- Can depression cause insomnia?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can lexapro cause insomnia?
- Can 5htp cause insomnia?
- Can dehydration cause insomnia?
- Can cymbalta cause insomnia?
- Talk to a sleep medicine specialist online for free