Doctor insights on:
Can Staphylococcal Infection Cause Endocarditis
When a bacteria gets in the bloodstream, there is a chance of attaching to a heart valve. This is called endocarditis. If this happens, the bacteria can grow, causing lesions called vegetations to appear which can break off and plug small blood vessels in the hand, foot, or brain. The bacterial growth can also cause the valve to leak. If this is significant, valve ...Read more
Yes lots: Staphylococcal infections are very common. Probably just about everyone has had numerous staph. Infections during a life time. Boils and skin pustules are invariable to to staph.. Post operative wound infections most commonly due to staph.. Worst, or most difficult to treat are mrsa, methicillin resistant staph. Aureus. Many of us have dormant staph. On our skin. Hence need for good hand washing. ...Read more
No: There is no ability for your body to form full protection from further staph infections in the future. In fact, your body is covered in staph on an ongoing basis every day (so is everyone else's) and staph is supposed to be there. Its just that sometimes, staph takes over and causes infections. You are still at risk of that happening again. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can sinus infection cause a strange smell in the nose?
- Can a sinus infection cause facial numbness?
- Can a urinary tract infection cause you to break out in a rash?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can a yeast infection cause swollen lymph nodes?
- Can a yeast infection cause your vagina to swell and hurt?
- Can an ear infection cause tooth pain?
- Can lower tooth infection cause pain in upper teeth?
- Talk to a dermatologist online