Doctor insights on:
Can Staph Infections Trigger Shingles Or Vice Versa
Chicken or the egg: Shingles is a viral condition that travels down a nerve and causes severe pain along the nerve root path. Staph is a bacterial infection that grows anywhere. The immune system becomes weakened as it fights both infections allowing other secondary infections and concerns. Treat both asap to prevent further complications. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
No: Shingles is caused by the chickenpox virus (varicella zoster virus), which is an entirely different organism from staphylococcus aureus, which is a bacteria. However, shingles lesions can get superinfected, and the most common cause for this is staph. Aureus. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
29 year old female with reocurring shingles or staph infection can't tell which they look a lot alike. What would cause them to reocurr for 8 years?
Symptoms: Redness, swelling and heat. There may be papules or streaks extending from a central area of reddness. ...Read more
Shingles (Herpes Zoster) (Definition)
Shingles is a painful blistering skin rash caused by the chickenpox virus (varicella zoster). Early treatment with antiviral medication (within 72 hours) lowers the risk of post herpetic neuralgia, which is lingering skin pain after the rash disappears. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are there any diseases that can be misdiagnosed as endometriosis or vice versa?
- Alcohol causing depression or vice versa
- Is my addiction worsening my depression or vice versa?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are staph infections and shingles related?
- Can a staph infection be deadly?
- Can you cure staph infection?
- Can staph infections come back?
- Talk to a dermatologist online