Doctor insights on:
Can Staph Infections Be Transmitted By Kissing
Unlikely: Whereas staph aureus infection can be transmitted by skin to skin contact, the higher concentrations of staph are in areas such as inside the nose, moist areas of the skin where two skin surfaces meet such as underarms or groin. In addition the protective benefit of saliva also decreases the possibility of lips as a source. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
Unlikely: It depends on where the infection is. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: If two people are kissing, they will share whatever bacteria are in their mouths and throats. For bacteria like the strep throat bacteria, the well person will usually get sick after catching strep from the sick one. With staph bacteria, the well person may not get sick because staph doesn't cause oral infections in everyone. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I had a skin infection (staph/mrsa) above my eyebrow if I kiss my boyfriend can he get MRSA even if im taking clindamycin?
Skin infection: You should be okay as long as you are on antibiotics and you wash your hands with soap ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can staph be transmitted by kissing?
- Can stds be transmitted by kissing?
- Can hsv2 be transmitted by kissing?
- Can hep c be transmitted by kissing?
- Can hpv be transmitted by kissing?
- Can hiv be transmitted by kissing?
- Can hives be a symptom of staph infection?
- Can boils and other bacteri infections be caused by drug use as meth?
- Talk to a dermatologist online for free