Doctor insights on:
Can Staph Be Transmitted By Kissing
Unlikely: Whereas staph aureus infection can be transmitted by skin to skin contact, the higher concentrations of staph are in areas such as inside the nose, moist areas of the skin where two skin surfaces meet such as underarms or groin. In addition the protective benefit of saliva also decreases the possibility of lips as a source. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Staphylococcus: You can become colonized with a staphylococcus from kissing, but unlikely to produce infection. All of us carry this organism in our GI tract and many in the nasopharynx and skin. They do not produce disease unless an opportunity presents itself. Enjoy your kissing and stop worrying about this. ...Read more
Yes..: Staphylococcus aureus (Staph) is a skin organism and also colonizes the nose and rectal area. Recent studies also show that it thrives in the mouth, hence, one can theoretically acquire Staph by kissing another individual ---- this however does not mean outright infection or disease. ...Read more
Unlikely: Not unless there are open sores on the lips or near the mouth. ...Read more
Staph infection: Unlikely to be spread by kissing, but once you have been colonized with this by kissing or other nose-to-hand-to-nose activities, the organism colonizes your skin and subsequent breaks in skin can lead to infection. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can staph infections be transmitted by kissing?
- Can hsv2 be transmitted by kissing?
- Can hep c be transmitted by kissing?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can hiv be transmitted by kissing?
- Can hiv be transmitted by deep kissing?
- Can herpes 2 be transmitted by kissing?
- Can stomach cancer be transmitted through kissing how contagious is h pylori?
- Talk to a dermatologist online