Doctor insights on:
Can Spondylolisthesis Worsen Even If I Have No Pain
Yes: The most common type of spondylolisthesis will rarely progress to a severe slip. Most of the time, the progression stops when a person reaches adulthood. The other common kind occurs in middle life and beyond, and rarely progresses beyond grade 1 or 2 (mild). The process of slippage is not something people feel. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Keep abs tight: The ligaments holding spinal vertebrae in place have been stretched or torn. If this is early and motion is limited, no real precautions are needed except good back care. Stretching, abdominal strengthening, proper lifting, carrying, posture and sitting will prolong good alignment. Repeat X rays yearly without symptoms will tell in the slippage is holding or worsening. Numbness or pain needs eval ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Had a spinal fusion at L5 for spondylolisthesis in 2012. Been weightlifting for about 1.5 years now. Should I have limits even with no pain?
Your best bet: Is to review this with your surgeon as he/she will best know/understand the complexities of the your present post surgical spinal anatomy. Remember, just because you have no pain, doesn't mean that your not traumatizing your spine. ...Read more
Exam, radiographs: A careful physical may pick it up, but in most cases the deformity is not visible to the eye. Plain radiographs (x-rays) show the slip (spondylolisthesis). If done standing, they can show subtle slips that go away while lying down. Mri and ct are helpful if there are nerve symptoms (like leg pain, numbness, weakness) and if surgery is being considered. Bone scan is sometimes used too. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
None to varied: There are several types of spondylolisthesis these can have no symptoms to varying types of back &/or leg pain with or without any numbness, tingling or weakness in the legs. 70% of the degenerative or acquired type & 90% of the congenital type are treated non operatively, the pain is usually worse with activity & better with rest. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i put braces even i have denture?
- Reasons for worsening spondylolisthesis
- Why does emphysema continue to worsen even after i stop smoking?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i still work abroad even if i have asthma?
- Can i still have esophageal surgery even though i have a mild case of bronchitis?
- Can i have celiac disease even if a skin test showed negative for wheat allergy?
- Can i still have kidney stones even if they dont show up on a ct scan?
- Talk to a neurologist online