Doctor insights on:
Can Spinal Stenosis Cause Permanent Damage
Several things: Spinal stenosis can be congenital but is also acquired with aging, or trauma, by either arthritis, herniated discs or even vertebral collapse as people age, which can result in vertebra slipping across each other which can cause stenosis too. It is important to see a neurosurgeon for evaluation, or a orthopedist who specializes in the spine, for full evaluation and treatment, surgery is an option. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Born with or develop: Spinal stenosis is a narrowing of the spinal canal leading to compression of nerve tissue. You can be born with it or you can develop it with age related or degenerative changes or acquire it through deformities/instabilities or with disc herniations, synovial cysts or after some spine fractures. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: The acquired type can be when you herniate a disc & this takes up the space of the spinal canal & you get symptoms of stenosis or cord problem like a myleopathy. Likewise a spine fracture that has some bone that displaces into the canal &heals that way can do the same. After a soft tissue injury, later down the line, the rate of degeneration can be accelerated leading to spinal stenosis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Spinal stenosis cause brain damage
- Can spinal stenosis cause paralysis?
- Can pneumonia cause permanent lung damage?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can spinal stenosis cause calf pains in the legs?
- Emphysema causes permanent damage to the
- Can lack of vitamin d cause permanent nerve damage?
- Can having a patent foramen ovale cause permanent damage to the heart?
- Talk to a neurologist online