Doctor insights on:
Can Spermicides Cause Birth Defects
Unlikely: There are 2 reports of a very slight association of birth defects in children conceived whilst mothers were using spermicides. However these were retrospective rather than prospective studies, there are many more studies that refute the likelihood of subsequent birth defects. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Stillbirth: Our biggest concern is that listeria infection in the expectant woman can cause death of her fetus. There have been cases traced to eating contaminated cheese and cold cuts. Please see my guide on what food to feed your family (and fetus); there are two answers and links to food safety there. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Gene errors: We all carry recessive genes to a few conditions that are not a problem unless they come together with another carrier.The closer you are related, the more genes you have in common. Two carriers, can conceive a baby that has both bad recessive genes, with any pregnancy.Whether this produces a fatal metabolic disorder or some lesser problem, the results are the same. The genes define you. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Metabolism: Diabetes is not a simple disease. It wrecks energy metabollism and has an effect on all our cells. During pregnancy this can affect the fetus since mom feeds baby and the excess sugar has its effect in both mom and baby. That is why good control is essential. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can mono cause birth defects?
- Can stress during pregnancy cause birth defects?
- Can toxoplasmosis infection in a man cause birth defects?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can pelvic inflammatory disease cause birth defects?
- What birth defects can methadone use cause?
- Can placenta previa cause birth defects?
- Medication cause birth defects
- Talk to a pediatrician online