Doctor insights on:
Can Someone With Diabetes Donate Their Pancreas
I have severe sharp pain as soon as I begin to eat. The pain is NOT my stomache but just to the left of my stomache. Exactly where the pancrease sits.
Presistent increased frequency of emptying bladder, urinating, as a symptom of a disease state. 2 types: Mellitus (high blood glucose) & Insipidus (inadequate anti-diuretic hormone). In Diabetes mellitus, the far more common, glucose concentrations are ↑ed due to combination of 8 organ system changes referred to as the "ominous octet" & aggravated by intake of sugars (simple & complex ...Read more
No: However bacon is a poor quality food with a lot of fat and pork. ...Read more
Pancreas transplant: A pancreas transplant is usually only done when you are having another transplant, like a kidney. With any transplant, you have to take powerful anti-rejection drugs, and that causes complications. Even in the setting of combined pancreas/kidney transplant, the new pancreas does not always function well, and you may still need insulin. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My brother, aged around 5, has diabetes. I want to know that can pancreas be replaced in his case?
Abdominal organ. It is digestive organ: it secretes enzymes into the small bowel which break down food and help its absorption. It is also an endocrine organ: it produces hormones involved in sugar control and control of digestion. Insulin is one of these hormones. Diabetics either lack Insulin (type 1 diabetes) or have inadequate ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can a person with diabetes donate sperm?
- Can someone with lupus donate blood?
- What is the earliest age that someone can be diagnosed with type 1 diabetes?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- If you have hiv can you donate your organs to someone else with hiv
- Can people with hemoglobinopathy donate their blood?
- What allergy medication can someone with high blood pressure take?
- Can i get herpes if i drink from the cup of someone with it?
- Talk to a diabetes specialist online for free