Doctor insights on:
Can Someone Who Is Insulin Resistant Develop A Diabetic Foot
Be prepared: Be sure to wear properly measured and fitted shoes. Do not forget to bring along your medication. Control you blood sugar. Get up occasionally and walk around for a few steps. Aks you doctor if you should wear compression stockings to prevent blood clots. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Diabetic foot: a long flight can be stressful which can increase blood sugar as well as a poor diet on the plane and dehydration. Check your blood sugar on a long flight, get up and walk around and drink water. Make sure you have your meds on you and not packed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Normal or abnormal: A diabetic foot may loot completely normal, or it may have skin color changes due to poor circulation. Diabetics also may commonly have an increased risk of developing digital contractures. The presence of neuropathy is also a main contributor to the development of ulceration. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Multiple factors: Wound care requires multi-discipline input for proper wound healing. There are multiple modalities and multiple strategies to get a wound closed but it takes a knowledgeable well trained specialist to know when to implement the appropriate treatment during the course of wound healing. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Foot ulceration: Diabetics have loss of protective sensation to their feet. This occurs because excess glucose in the blood causes pathological changes to the nerves. Poor sensation can lead to the development of sores or ulcers. Diabetic also have poor blood supply to their feet so it is difficult to heal the ulcers. The ulcers can get infected and cause gangrene of the foot. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Insulin-resistant diabetes
- Byetta for weight loss in patients who are insulin resistant
- What is the survival of someone with pancreatitis who develops ards?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are there dietary restrictions for type 1 diabetics who have insulin pump?
- Can someone develop an allergy to latex later in life?
- What is a good diet for someone who suffers from diabetic nephropathy?
- What is a good diet to follow for someone who suffers from diabetic nephropathy?
- Talk to a diabetes specialist online for free