Doctor insights on:
Can Someone Use A Hyperbaric Chamber If He Or She Has Had An Aortic Aneurysm
Aortic aneurysm is a medical condition in which there is an balloon like outpouching in the wall of the aorta, which is the largest blood vessel in the body. Most commonly, this aneurysm occurs in the segment of the aorta that runs through the abdomen. Rupture can lead to massive ...Read more
I had an aortic aneurysm with dissection and had a pace maker put in. Would it be alright for me to have alcoholic drinks?
My dad had an aortic aneurysm and had his aorta repaired. He says he's experiencing a burning sensation in his stomach now. What could it be?
Can i exercise with aortic aneurysm? My father is in his 70's and had a slight aortic aneurysm. He wants to start exercising in the gym, but i'm concerned it may be dangerous. Are there any particular machines or exercises he should avoid?
Your : Your father should avoid activities that raise the blood pressure excessively. Heavy weight lifting should be avoided at all costs, and he should focus on light aerobic activity such as briskly walking on a treadmill. A good rule of thumb is to exercise just enough to break a light sweat while maintaining the ability to carry on a conversation. I would recommend that he have an exercise stress test with a cardiologist to assess his blood pressure response to exercise and to help develop an exercise prescription. Any chest, back or abdominal pain or pressure with exercise should be taken very seriously and prompt immediate medical attention. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Rare: Most are caused by long-standing high BP and smoking. However, there are connective-tissue diseases and congenital defects that can show up. These are often thoracic (in chest) and may involve the aortic valve. In patients at risk -with marfan's or the like- echocardiogram or other imaging may be indicated. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: With the exception of deep abdominal massage or forceful back massage when the person is lying on his stomach. In general, we advise patients with abdominal aneurysms control blood pressure, refrain from smoking, and stay away from activities that increase intraabdominal pressure (like sit-ups or crunches or heavy lifting). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can someone take viagra if he or she has atrial fibrillation?
- Can someone get a tattoo if he or she has high blood pressure?
- Can someone undergo a surgical procedure if he or she has bundle branch block?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can a person have another aneurysm if he has had surgery to repair his aorta?
- Can someone take tramadol if he or she have atrial fibrillation?
- Can someone in their 20s have an aortic aneurysm?
- Can someone in their 20s already have an aortic aneurysm?
- Talk to a vascular surgeon online for free