Doctor insights on:
Can Someone In Their 20s Have An Aortic Aneurysm
Aortic aneurysm is a medical condition in which there is an balloon like outpouching in the wall of the aorta, which is the largest blood vessel in the body. Most commonly, this aneurysm occurs in the segment of the aorta that runs through the abdomen. Rupture can lead to massive ...Read more
Rare: Most are caused by long-standing high BP and smoking. However, there are connective-tissue diseases and congenital defects that can show up. These are often thoracic (in chest) and may involve the aortic valve. In patients at risk -with marfan's or the like- echocardiogram or other imaging may be indicated. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: With the exception of deep abdominal massage or forceful back massage when the person is lying on his stomach. In general, we advise patients with abdominal aneurysms control blood pressure, refrain from smoking, and stay away from activities that increase intraabdominal pressure (like sit-ups or crunches or heavy lifting). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can someone in their 20s already have an aortic aneurysm?
- Can someone in their 20s have a tubal ligation?
- Does seeing a pulsation in my abdomen mean i have an aortic aneurysm?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can someone have an angiogram if their platelets levels are at 50?
- How long can someone stay in an induced coma?
- Do black people have an extra bone in their foot?
- Can a high ige level in the blood be an indicator that i have cancer?
- Talk to a vascular surgeon online for free