Doctor insights on:
Can Someone Consume Alcohol While Taking Flecainide
Should not: Flecainide is used for heart rhythm disturbances, many of which can be caused by alcohol. Alcohol, especially when taken regularly in even moderate doses (2-3 drinks/day) can actually damage the heart muscle in predisposed people. It also has numerous drug interactions, and can lower therapeutic levels of many drugs. You need to talk with your doctor about your alcohol use. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: Why do I always think anybody who is asking "can i drink" is generally somebody who is drinking too much? Flecainide is prescribed for cardiac arrhythmias, and alcohol can itself cause cardiac arrhythmias, or worsen pre-existing ones, as well as interacting with the many medications used to treat it. Does your prescribing doc know you drink, and you should discuss it with him/her. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I drink SMALL amounts of alcohol - normal heart, but in AF. I am not susceptible to alcohol but does Flecainide (in itself) make me MORE susceptible
Alcohol & meds/drugs: It is strongly recommended that you not drink alcohol with adizem (diltiazem, a calcium-channel blocker). Alcohol affects how fast the medication is released from the capsule, according the prescribing information. Given that you are taking this for cardiovascular disease (high blood pressure or heart health reasons), it would make sense not to put yourself in danger because you consumed alcohol. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can someone consume alcohol while taking flecainide meds?
- Can i consume alcohol while taking antibiotics?
- Can you consume alcohol while taking amoxicillin?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you consume alcohol while taking azithromycin?
- Can someone take metropolis when taking flecainide?
- Can someone take metoprolol when taking flecainide?
- Can you consume alcohol while taking cholesterol medication?
- Talk to a cardiologist online