Doctor insights on:
Can Sleeplessness Cause Low White Blood Cell Count
My white blood cell count was 6.25... Is this normal or low? Is it okay to take prednisone for poison ivy with this WBC count?
My daughter just got back two blood test results for low white blood cell count, she is loosing her hair, high anxiety, insomnia. Hyperthyroidism ??
Low white count: Causes include benign leukopenia, autoimmune diseases, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, vasculitides, myelodysplastic syndrome, nutritional deficiencies like b12, copper deficiencies, medication effect etc. You need to see hematologist who can order blood tests and perform bone marrow aspirate and biopsy if indicated. ...Read more
Many causes.: Low WBC can be due to nutritional factors, infections (esp. Viral infections), autoimmune diseases, inhereted defects, leukemias and other bone marrow cancers, meylodysplasia, drug reactions, and even unknown causes. The problem with this is infection, but the risk depends on how low the WBC is. Only with very low WBC is there a risk of death. ...Read more
Allergies: Not usuallyGet a more detailed answer ›
Possibilities...: Viral infection causing bone marrow suppression. Once the body fights off the virus, the bone marrow recovers and the anemia and leukopenia resolve. More serious causes can include aplastic anemia, myelodysplastic syndrome, leukemia, or other cancers that spread to the bone marrow. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can cause white blood cell count to be low?
- What can cause a low white blood cell count?
- What can cause low white blood cell count?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can low iron cause low white blood cell count?
- Can low white blood cell count cause fatigue?
- Can a cold cause low white blood cell count?
- Can herpes cause low white blood cell count?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free