Doctor insights on:
Can Shining A Flash Light In Eyes Damage Them
Not likely: Lengthy exposure to very bright artificial light may possibly damage the retina, but a brief camera flash is quite unlikely to cause any serious harm. Sunlight, on the other hand, can be very dangerous even with brief exposure due to the high levels of ultraviolet light contained in sunshine. ...Read moreGet help now ›
Common, but check: Flashes of light are a common symptom in an ophthlmology office. Most often, it is not a sign of a serious problem. Rarely, especially if the flashes are new and accompanied by a sudden onset of dark spots called "floaters" in your vision, it can be a sign of a tear in the retina, a possible first stage of a retinal detachment, which is treatable but can lead to loss of vision. Have it checked. ...Read moreGet help now ›
Retinal phenomenon: Flashes of light can be due to stimulation of the retinal by either external pressure on the eye, or by pulling on the retina by the vitreous strands within the eye. These flashes are generally very short lived. Longer lasting lights that may form patterns can be due to migraine aura. It is a good idea to have a dilated exam if this is a new or common occurence, especially with new floaters. ...Read moreGet help now ›
Laid down to sleep. When i closed my eyes i saw flashing white light. Like a strobe light. Only when i close my eyes. Cause for concern?
P;robably nothing: Flashes mostly occur from instability at the interface between the retina and the vitreous overlying it. While they can be an early warning of the risk of retinal detachment, most are benign - especially if the same pattern has persisted for many years. A look by a retinal specialist ophthalmologist would be reasonable to make sure there are no problems. ...Read moreGet help now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it true that reading in dim light can damage your eyes?
- How easily can a bright led flashlight damage your eyes?
- How long can a kidney stone be stuck in my ureter before any damage is done?
- Every once in a while my eyes feel like they have sand in them what causes this
- Seeing a flicker of light in your eyes sometimes means what
- Blue flashing light in eyes
- What kind of damage can happen if sprayed in the eye with a can of air?
- I have sudden flashes of light in my eyes sometimes
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free