Doctor insights on:
Can Sex Rupture An Ovarian Cyst
A cyst is a structure or mass that consists of a cellular lined sac. It is typically filled with fluid but may be filled with solid material. It can be congenital, traumatic, or acquired. They may develop nearly anywhere in the body and usually require complete excision for eradication or they are likely to recur. Fluid filled sacs that are not cellular lined ...Read more
Possibly: If it is very vigorous, the lady is thin, and the cyst is large. Not too often, but can happen. ...Read more
Not usually: Because a period will have been missed and it is incredibly more painful and it bleeds. ...Read more
Ruptured cyst: Absolutely a ruptured cyst can cause internal bleeeding. ...Read more
Like a balloon: An ovarian cyst can rupture when it reaches a certain size, when the wall thins out, when the cyst ages, with change in hormones or with a minor trauma. Many times the rupture is without symptoms, however sometimes it can be very painful, can bleed, can require emergency or urgent health care. Your doc can monitor your cyst with ultrasound and exam. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Any irritation : Of the peritoneal lining of the abdominal cavity is peritonitis. An ovarian cyst can bleed when it ruptures, and blood can cause a local peritonitis. But this is way different from bacterial peritonitis, which is what results from perforated GI organ, like appendix. These are much worse, and can actually be fatal. So seriousness depends on the source and type of peritonitis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Sex causing a rupture of ovarian cyst
- Ovarian cyst rupture during sex
- Can a ruptured ovarian cyst cause back pain?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can a ruptured ovarian cyst cause bleeding?
- Causes of a ruptured ovarian cyst
- What can you do for a ruptured ovarian cyst?
- Can an ovarian cyst be cancer and rupture and refill?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free