Doctor insights on:
Can Salmonella Be Contracted From Cantaloupe
It would only: Occur if the chicken is contaminated or there is cross contamination from another source. Salmonella may be found in the feces of infected organisms. It cab be in raw poultry ; meat as well as raw eggs and seafood. Some fruits ; vegetables may also have salmonella contamination. Touching infected reptiles ; birds can also lead to infection. ...Read more
Immunosuppressed for 4 years,just contracted salmonella and have a partial knee replacement surgery in a month.Can I still have it with proper treatme?
Yes if properly: treated. The infection can be nasty in someone who has been immunosuppressed, though without clear idea of why you are suppressed. Usually you would need stronger and longer antibiotic treatment and close monitor of symptoms to ensure the infection has cleared completely prior to having surgery. Good luck and keep a strong relationship with your doctors. ...Read more
Food of animal origi: The principal reservoirs for salmonella include poultry, livestock, reptiles, and pets. Therefore, the major vehicle of transmission is food of animal origin, such as poultry, beef, eggs, and dairy products. Contact with infected reptile, e.g., pet turtle, is another mode of transmission. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can pain in my groin area be from constipation?
- What can a swollen lower left rib and left side pain be from?
- Can scar tissue be removed from the lungs?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can back and shoulder pain be caused from thyroid issues?
- What can be done to minimize the large scars from mrsa infections from the face?
- Can you get salmonella from salmon?
- Groin pains can they be nonphysical and just come from anxiety
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online