Doctor insights on:
Can Salmonella Be Contracted From Cantaloupe
Salmonella bacteria: Salmonella is a bacteria. In the United States, it is the most common cause of foodborne illness. Salmonella occurs in raw poultry, eggs, beef, and sometimes on unwashed fruit and vegetables. About 40, 000 cases of salmonellosis are reported in the United States annually. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Fecal oral route: Food or water contaminated by human or animal feces of an infected or colonized animal is the mode of spread. Failure to wash hands after touching contaminated meat products or failing to cook contaminated meat adequately allows this fecal oral route to succeed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: This varies with the salmonella species, the type of illness it produces, how soon it is treated and whether the therapy is appropriate. This will sometimes depend upon where you are and what the doctor's experience with this organism has been. In third world situations typhoid fever has a significant mortality rate. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Symptoms of listeria from cantaloupe
- Can you contract chicken pox from shingles?
- Can you contract chlamydia from kissing?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Hepatitis c and kissing
- Can you contract hiv from saliva?
- Can you contract hiv from sharing a drink?
- Can listeria meningitis be contracted from other people?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online