Doctor insights on:
Can Ruptured Ovarian Cysts Cause Scarring Or Adhesions
A cyst is a structure or mass that consists of a cellular lined sac. It is typically filled with fluid but may be filled with solid material. It can be congenital, traumatic, or acquired. They may develop nearly anywhere in the body and usually require complete excision for eradication or they are likely to recur. Fluid filled sacs that are not cellular lined ...Read more
Like a balloon: An ovarian cyst can rupture when it reaches a certain size, when the wall thins out, when the cyst ages, with change in hormones or with a minor trauma. Many times the rupture is without symptoms, however sometimes it can be very painful, can bleed, can require emergency or urgent health care. Your doc can monitor your cyst with ultrasound and exam. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Trauma: External?, ...Not much, other than trauma to the area. ...Read more
Adhesions is a condition in which two or more organs or organ surfaces are stuck together. Adhesions are common after surgery or infection, in which the healing response causes scar tissue to connect organs that normally should slide around freely. Adhesions can cause symptoms such as abdominal ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can severe ovarian cysts or enlarged uterus cause weight gain?
- Can gonorrhea or chlamydia cause ovarian cysts?
- Can sexual intercourse cause ovarian cysts to rupture?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Ruptured ovarian cysts and appendicitis
- Can clomid cause ovarian cysts to rupture?
- Causes of a ruptured ovarian cyst
- Can a ruptured ovarian cyst cause bleeding?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free