Doctor insights on:
Ruptured Ovarian Cysts And Appendicitis
I Just had an appendectomy and also had a ruptured ovarian cyst. I was curious as to whether the ruptured cyst could be the cause of the appendicitis?
No: Two separated disease processesGet a more detailed answer ›
A cyst is a structure or mass that consists of a cellular lined sac. It is typically filled with fluid but may be filled with solid material. It can be congenital, traumatic, or acquired. They may develop nearly anywhere in the body and usually require complete excision for eradication or they are likely to recur. Fluid filled sacs that are not cellular lined ...Read more
Can chronic appendicities cause pelvic pain? Or can that be due to my ovarian cyst rupture a month ago & late period?
Corpus luteum: The most common would be the corpus luteum cyst, that which can develop in an ovary after egg delivery. However, any cyst which ruptures into the abdominal cavity can cause irritation of the pelvis and right lower quadrant, and is in the differential diagnosis of rlq pain in a female. Good luck. ...Read more
If I did have an ovarian cyst rupture, how long does the pain last? I am completing 2 days. Appendicitis and kidney stones were ruled out.
Ever since my ovarian cyst rupture I can't seem to feel better from my abdomen it makes me think it's appendicities but ER said it's not what it is?
Possible: Intercourse with deep penetration causes the uterus to move. The ovary is attached to the uterus by the ovarian ligament, so it is possible. ...Read more
Why do the Dr's keep sending me home with pain meds for my ovarian cysts even now when I've had 1 rupture and cause internel bleeding w/serve pain.
Obgyn: Without knowing the details it is hard to comment. Perhaps you are being seen in the ER and not in an office by an obgyn. If so schedule a visit in the office with an Obgyn (our office is close to you) so that you can be properly evaluated. ...Read more
Like a balloon: An ovarian cyst can rupture when it reaches a certain size, when the wall thins out, when the cyst ages, with change in hormones or with a minor trauma. Many times the rupture is without symptoms, however sometimes it can be very painful, can bleed, can require emergency or urgent health care. Your doc can monitor your cyst with ultrasound and exam. ...Read more
Ruptured cyst: Absolutely a ruptured cyst can cause internal bleeeding. ...Read more
Yes possible: Yes cysts will rupture due to thin wall, pressure builds up by fluid accumulation, like follicular cysts do rupture and cause discomfort, luteal cysts may cause small amount of bleeding, rarely large tumor cysts may, usually due to trauma only way to find the problem is examination by your gyn doctor. ...Read more
She died yesterday. Husband said all he knows is she was in er days before from ruptured ovarian cyst. Is this possibly the cause?
- Talk to a doctor online
- Frequency of ovarian cyst ruptures
- How to drain ruptured ovarian cyst?
- 5 inch ovarian cyst
- Appendicitis or ruptured ovarian cyst
- Can an ovarian cyst be cancer and rupture and refill?
- Can clomid cause ovarian cysts to rupture?
- Can having your tubes tied cause ovarian cyst?
- Can sex rupture an ovarian cyst?
- Can sexual intercourse cause ovarian cysts to rupture?
- Does a ruptured ovarian cyst cause constipation?
- Getting off the pill ovarian cysts
- Ruptured ovarian cyst scar tissue
- Signs of ovarian cysts that burst ruptured
- Ruptured ovarian cyst and back pain
- When do you have to be hospitalized with a ruptured ovarian cyst
- What happens when an ovarian cyst ruptures?
- Side effects of a ruptured ovarian cyst
- Can ovarian cyst rupture during period?
- Ruptured ovarian cyst fluid causing infection
- Burst ovarian cyst and gas