Doctor insights on:
Can Running Increase The Number Of Alveoli
O2/ventilation/diet: Partial pressure of oxygen in alveoli is can be calculated using the alveolar gas equation. Oxygen level increases if there is a higher atmospheric pressure (hyperbaric chamber), higher inspired concentration of oxygen (using supplemental oxygen from a tank), lower co2 in lungs by breathing faster and deeper, raising respiratory quotient by eating more carbs, less fat. ...Read more
How long does it take for a smokers alveoli to be damaged permanently? I smoked 10 per day for 1 year when I was 18. Havent smoked since and im now 23
Is internal damage done by 3 way key hole surgery reversible, i mean can I grow back new alveoli and new airways?
Chugged water on a odd angle, took a big breath in after and felt water get sucked into my alveoli. Should I be concerned?
Monitor for fever: If you had a good bout of coughing that usually is the reflex that prevents water from being aspirated, if you are otherwise healthy. If you feel well now you don't have to worry. However if you continue coughing and develop a fever or difficulty breathing you should see your dr for possible aspiration. ...Read more
Nodes: Tend to be located at more central areas of drainage of lymph. For instance, in the lungs, the lymph drainage follows around the large airways(bronchi and trachea) but also the mediastinum. The alveoli are the most distal air sacs in the lung where gas exchange occurs(as in we "absorb" oxygen and breath out CO2). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Picture: See this http://en.Wikipedia.Org/wiki/file:alveoli_diagram.Png.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can jumping rope increase running speed?
- How can i increase my stamina for running?
- Foods to increase stamina for running
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does exercise increase your number of capillaries?
- Abnormal increase in number of white blood cells
- Running to increase vo2 max for wrestling
- How to increase mileage with a running calculator?
- What will increase the partial pressure of oxygen in lung alveoli?