Doctor insights on:
Can Ringworm Of The Body Be Cured
Trichophyton is one of the common types of fungus that can infect the skin, called a "dermatophyte". It can cause ringworm of the skin (such as athlete's foot or jock itch) or of the scalp. It is usually diagnosed with a scraping of the skin and can be treated with topical medications if on the skin, or oral medicines if involving ...Read more
I have serious itching problems all over my body.When i did my blood test, the results were trichophyton. What is the best way to cure this?
Is ringworm of the scalp different than ringworm of the body? And if I have it on my body, can it spread to my head? How soon will I know if it spread
Yes: Ringworm is caused by a dermatophyte (a fungus which infects the skin). It is easily transmissible by direct contact, and, at least in my humble experience, it is not possible to have sex without exposing areas of the skin, you will be likely to be infecting your partner. Wait until it has cleared up. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can an implanted defibrillator be taken out of the body?
- Can hyperpigmentation be on the left side of your body only?
- What areas of the body can be affected by a skin fungus?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can be the cause of itching all over body?
- Can a man get ringworm on his penis how can it be cured?
- Can dehydration be the cause of frequent urination?
- Can shaky hands be a symptom of a common sickness like the flu or colds?
- Talk to a dermatologist online