Doctor insights on:
Can Rhabdomyolysis Be Cured
Rhabdomyolysis: Usually it will go away if cause is withdrawn. Need some treatment to protect the kidneys. ...Read more
Rarely: In most cases the cause of rhabdomyolysis is benign and reversible like trauma, excessive exercise, drugs, infections, toxins.. And. The treatment is hydration and preventing kidney failure in addition to treating the cause. Rarely do these cases kill the patient. In rare cases the cause of rhabdomyolysis has a bad prognosis like myositis and myopathy and here the underlying disease is what kills. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends on the route: If your kidney function is normal, and the offending activity or injury stopped, copious oral hydration should help your rhabdomyolysis resolve in a matter of days for mild cases. For more severe cases, intravenous fluids are sometimes necessary. In other cases still, the kidneys can sustain temporary injury which also requires intravenous fluids. All scenarios usually involve several days. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Not common: Serious rhabdomyolisis is uncommon but needs immediate medical care. Preventable causes include overuse exercise without good hydration and use of certain recreational drugs. Mild rhabdomyolisis can occur with vigorous sports, but is rarely symptomatic and resolves quickly. The best preventive is good hydration during vigorous activity and don't overheat. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can a urna be cured?
- Can a man get ringworm on his penis how can it be cured?
- Can azoospermia be cured by natural treatment or food?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can gynecomastia be cured without surgery?
- Can people be permanently cured of major depression?
- Can cardiomyopathy be cured?
- Can garlic be used to cure hyperthyroidism?
- Talk to a critical care specialist online for free