Doctor insights on:
Can Reading Glasses Help Prevent Computer Related Eye Strain
Yes: After age 40s, presbyopia starts to set in which is loss of accommodation or focusing to see at near. So for those with a plano or hyperopic farsighted prescription, eye strain starts to happen when looking at small print. Reading glasses help to relieve the strain of accommodation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Reading glasses are for 14 inch distance .
If we use it for computers ( at 28 inch distance) , will it affect our eyes?
Yes: For people with presbyopia (difficulty with focusing closely), readers can work wonders. What they cannot address however are differences in focus between the eyes or astigmatism. For many people however, otc readers work great and are inexpensive. For the ultimate clarity, see your ophthalmologist and try some custom glasses. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Try dimestore: It sounds like mostly your have near vision issues. Were the lost glasses bifocals? With a distance correction you needed? If not you can buy $10 glasses and do very well by them. And if you just want something in the meanwhile, el cheapo glasses are not a major investment and can be used later as a back up. ...Read more
Is there a way to prevent my eye sight from going down? Already wearing glasses. Do electronic devices,such as computers and phones have an effect?
Yes, yes, yes!: To use a computer monitor, you need the ability to accommodate or focus up close. Presbyopia is common and can be completely alleviated by use of glasses. Plus, lens tiniting can be used to reduce glare and improve contrast. See you ophthalmologist for a full evaluation and refraction. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can eye strain cause dizziness and light head all the time? How long can it last? Eyesight is 20/15, dr says no problems. prescription for computer glasses.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Prevent eye strain computer screen
- Can pinhole glasses help improve eyesight or reduce eye strain?
- Eye drops for computer strain
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best color combination on my computer to help reduce eye strain?
- Can you suffer eye strain if you have been on the computer for couple of hours?
- How can you reduce eye strain while using the computer?
- Can yoga help prevent muscle strain or tendonitis?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free