Doctor insights on:
Can Pyelonephritis Delay Menstruation
The menstrual cycle begins with the shedding of the uterine lining, resulting in bleeding from the vagina. A few weeks later, one ovary releases an egg and the uterine lining thickens in preparation for a potential pregnancy. Pregnancy can occur at this stage if sperm fertilizes the egg. If the egg is not fertilized, the egg will leave your body and ...Read more
Unlikely: A simple UTI (urinary urgency, frequency, burning, bladder pressure/discomfort) associated with an abnormal urinalysis and positive culture (if done) would be a very unlikely cause of a delayed/late period. Possibly more likely with a severe kidney infection (fever, chills, feel sick) which affects the body as a whole. Many more likely explanations for delayed period than a uti. ...Read more
Not usually: See your gyn so your gyn can evaluate why u are late the 1st thing to r/o is preg. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- Can amoxicillin delay menstruation?
- Can a bartholin's cyst delay your menstruation?
- Can a new exercise routine delay menstruation?
- Can postinor 2 delay my menstruation?
- Can prilosec or carafate directly or indirectly cause delay in menstruation?
- Does ritalin delay menstruation?
- Normal days of delayed menstruation
- Delay menstruation pill
- What can be the reason for delay in menstruation?