Doctor insights on:
Can Pulmonary Fibrosis Be Cured
No and Yes: At this time the only curative intervention for pulmonary fibrosis is lung transplantation. There are no medications that have been proven to cure the disease. Some medicines may help (such as steroids, n-acetylcysteine and pirfenidone) slow the disease however. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Pulmonary fibrosis: While I have not seen it commonly there are some families with a history of pulmonary fibrosis. Most of my office patients and previous fibrosis patients I have come across are the only ones in their family with fibrosis. I have one patient in my practice with several family members with progressive and ultimately fatal fibrosis. She has been evaluated at duke university with a genetic workup. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Scarring: Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis is an inflammatory process affecting lung parenchyma and resulting in loss of lung storage and resulting in low diffusin capacity and restrictive lung disease. Cardiovascular effect inckude pulmonary hypertension and cor pulmonale. The disease is slowly progressive and unresponsive to all current therapy. Lifespan can be in months(hamman-rich) to a few years. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to cure idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis?
- Does a lung transplant cure pulmonary fibrosis?
- Can cystic fibrosis be cured?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- How fast can i make my pulmonary fibrosis go away?
- Are there any foods i can eat to heal my pulmonary fibrosis?
- Pivotal health pulmonary fibrosis
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free