Doctor insights on:
Can Pulmonary Fibrosis Be Cured
No and Yes: At this time the only curative intervention for pulmonary fibrosis is lung transplantation. There are no medications that have been proven to cure the disease. Some medicines may help (such as steroids, n-acetylcysteine and pirfenidone) slow the disease however. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: As the disease progreses air exchange is lessenend you would feel short of breath. In addition pressure at the pulmonary vasculature increases a commonly used agent is Revatio which is sildefanil (viagra) used for erectile dysfuction. . Decreses pulmonary vessel pressure. Avoidance of smoke and other inhaled irritants is paramount ! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: Typically, patients are in their forties and fifties when diagnosed. Pulmonary fibrosis could be idiopathic (unknown cause), or due to asbestosis, silicosis, hypersensitivity pneumonitis, rheumatoid arthritis, scleroderma, lupus (sle), sarcoidosis, certain medications, radiation and many more. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
If I can exercise less and less over the past few months does that mean I have pulmonary fibrosis?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can cystic fibrosis be cured?
- Can a urna be cured?
- Can a man get ringworm on his penis how can it be cured?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can prenatal vitamins be used to cure acne?
- Should morphine be used to treat pulmonary fibrosis
- Can gynecomastia be cured without surgery?
- Can people be permanently cured of major depression?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free