Doctor insights on:
Can Pseudotumor Cerebri Be Fatal
Pseudotumor cerebri is a condition in which the pressure inside your skull increases when there is no obvious cause. While symptoms may resemble those of a brain tumor, there is no actual tumor present. The condition occurs more commonly in obese women, especially those ...Read more
Pseudotumor cerebri: Pseudotumor cerebri is a relatively common neurologic illness and may be an important preventable cause of blindness in obese young women. As far as incidence i would imagine 1 per 100, 000 to as many as 13 in 100, 000 based on the abstracts. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Pseudotumor: Pseudotumor cerebri or benign intracranial hypertension is a disorder characterized by elevation of intracranial pressure. Clinically, there is a vascular headache followed by blur rinses of vision. Diagnosis is based on clinical examination, neuroimaging and spinal tap. Usually is treated with medication, but sometimes surgical procedures need to be performed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can ascites be fatal?
- Can tonsillitis be fatal?
- Can you die from pseudotumor cerebri?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- If left untreated can autism be fatal
- Can gastroenteritis be fatal?
- Can bed sores be fatal?
- Can ecoli infections be fatal?
- Talk to an oncologist and hematologist online for free