Doctor insights on:
Can Pregnant Women Have Honey
When your due date arrives, you will be more than ready to have your baby! Most women deliver the baby somewhere between 37 and 42 weeks. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, only 5% of babies arrive on the exact due date. Approximately 7% of babies are not delivered by 42 weeks, and when that happens, it is referred to ...Read more
Can a pregnant women during her first 3 months of pregnancy consume dates and honey.. Or is it harmful for the kid during the first 3months?
Yes: There is no evidence that either of these products would contain any substance that would harm a developing fetus. ...Read more
Yes: I'm guessing the concern here is over the recommendation not to feed honey to infants less than one year of age. Infants in their first year can have their intestines colonized by the bacteria that produces botulism toxin. Honey can contain these bacterial spores, but does not contain the toxin, so it will not harm you or your fetus if you ingest it. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I wouldn't: If a food product makes you itch, i'd avoid it entirely until i'm convinced i don't have a food allergy. I'm not familiar with an allergy to honey, but i assume it's possible. I'd certainly discuss this concern with your obstetrician. It would be ironic, i suppose, if honey gives you hives. Good luck. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can pregnant women drink honey?
- Can pregnant women have coffee?
- Can pregnant women have tums?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can pregnant women have metamucil?
- Can pregnant women have sex?
- Honey is bad for pregnant women
- Can women be pregnant and still have a period?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online