Doctor insights on:
Can Prednisone Irritate Stomach
Can prednisone irritate an abdominal hernia or could the use of prednisone weaken the wall that could cause a hernia?
Prednisone is a synthetic cortisone. The body makes cortisone, a natural hormone made in adrenal glands. The body converts it to Hydrocortisone to become active. 25 mg of cortisone has about same effect as 5 mgm prednisone. The average person would produce 3-6 mg of pred daily. So why use a substitute? The synthetic has more anti-inflammatory effect; but has less effect ...Read more
My skin flushes on my abdomen in the evenings. Could recently completed prednisone course be causing this? Or another cause? I drink very rarely.
After taking 40mg of prednisone at the start and tapering down to 4mg, I have gained a less flat stomach. Should I start working out now or wait?
How is Chrohns treated in stomach besides Prednisone? Do biologics/6mp work on stomach? Dr. is busy and hard to get answers. 15 min sessions. Help.
Back pain for 6 wks after 80lb kid ran and jumped on me while laying on stomach. 9 day round of prednisone helped, but pain returned. Any thoughts?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can milk products irritate the stomach?
- Bromelain and stomach lining irritation
- Can drinking too much water irritate the stomach?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What irritates stomach ulcers?
- Foods that irritate stomach ulcers
- Foods that irritate the stomach
- Does chocolate irritate the stomach?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free