Doctor insights on:
Can Prednisone Interact With Birth Control
Depends on the pill: It depends on the birth control pill. Some pills are associated with electrolyte abnormalities such as potassium and Prednisone can also exaccerbate this as well. You may also have more fluid retention and could have elevated blood pressure. Talk with your prescribing physician to see in more detail. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Contraception is also known as Birth control. Contraception (birth control) is the group of methods a person can use to avoid getting pregnant, and thus avoid or delay having children until a better time in life. Birth control is family planning, and includes abstinence (not having sex), hormonal therapy (birth control pills / shots), condoms, diaphragms, IUD's (intrauterine devices), etc... Permanent birth control is sterilization, such as ...Read more
No interaction: Prednisone treats quite a few conditions and also interacts with quite a few medications, but fortunately not so much with birth control pills, in general. Unfortunately, unexpected reaction can occur with any med or combination of meds, thus always use with caution. Use smallest effective dose for shortest duration possible. Consult doc. Good luck. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can pinx interact with birth control?
- Does fish oil interact with birth control?
- Will rescue remedy interact with birth control
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you take nyquil with sprintec birth control?
- Can you stop your period with birth control pills?
- Does herbalife interact with sprintec birth control?
- Can you get pregnant on your period with birth control?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free