Doctor insights on:
Can Positive Rheumatoid Factor Cause Chronic Paronychia
To clarify a prev question, is it possible autoimmune Thyroiditis can cause consistant low positive Rheumatoid Factor, SED Rate, CH50, and CRP?
An "rf" is a blood test used to screen a person for the possibility of several autoimmune diseases, including rheumatoid arthritis. It is important to remember that this is a screening test. A positive result only indicates more testing may be warranted, and a negative result does ...Read more
It depends: A rheumatoid factor (RF) is a non-specific result. It can be positive in Rheumatoid Arthritis and a variety of other conditions. Many have a positive RF and have no disease at all (false positive). What's most important is your symptoms. Certain patterns of joint pain, stiffness and fatigue can be related to rheumatoid arthritis for example. Then the positive RF is significant. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Auto-immune response: Rheumatoid factor is one of the auto-immune responses, however, it may also develop as a some what normal respose to infection. Any lab test needs to be evaluated in the context of the whole clinical picture and a positive rheumatoid factor, by itself, is not diagnostic of any disease. It supports a diagnosis rheumatoid arthritis and other auto-immune disorders. ...Read more
Probably not: False positive rheumatoid factors are not uncommon. I am a little confused. If it is a false positive, why was it ordered in the first place? ...Read more
Vaccine and Rhematoi: Not there is no evidence to support that. ...Read more
Usually negative: Anti-nuclear antibodies are almost always positive if it's really lupus. These tests are fraught with technical pitfalls, and are never more than adjuncts to a clinical diagnosis. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can the presence of rheumatoid factor be caused by a past history of syphilis?
- Can gout cause chronic pain?
- Can menopause cause a pregnancy test to say positive?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can ovarian cyst cause a positive pregnancy test?
- Can chronic yeast infections cause infertility?
- What can cause a positive antinuclear antibody test?
- Can hcg drops cause false positive pregnancy test?
- Talk to a dermatologist online