Doctor insights on:
Can Pneumonia Cause Death
Please explain why is pneumonia considered a blessing of a peaceful death for one with a terminal illness?
My dad is having pneumonia and doctors said there are chances for cancer.. And by chance- death .. Will he recover ?
Possible Lung Cancer: He should be monitored carefully from his pneumonia until he is feeling better. They should order ct scan of the chest to evaluate his lung disease and his pulmonary specialist should evaluate him for bronchoscopy evaluation of his lung disease and he may be able to take a biopsy from his lung. If his pulmonary specialist will not be able to do his biopsy he may need to be seen and evaluated by t. ...Read more
How long would untreated pneumonia take to turn into acute respiratory distress syndrome, and then on to death?
Aspiration Pneumonia: This is caused by stomach contents leaking up one's esophagus and going into your trachea (wind pipe) and going into the lungs. The stomach contents can damage the lungs and bacteria in the stomach contents can cause an infection in the lung. Strokes, alcohol , some drugs, several diseases can make this more likely. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Sometimes: If air trapping predated pneumonia (asthma or COPD) patient may have underlying condition that could lead to superimposed pneumonia. Pneumonia may exist with area of compensatory hyperaeration which is not air trapping,. Viral pneumonia certainly can be associated with air trapping. Common bacterial pneumonias usually are not air trapping. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can pneumonia cause a mass on your lung?
- Can pneumonia cause blood clots?
- Can pneumonia cause fluid build up around the heart?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can pneumonia cause lung nodules?
- Can lung cancer cause sudden death?
- Can a toothache cause death?
- Can pneumonia cause left rib soreness?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free