Doctor insights on:
Can Pinworms Cause Constipation
Pinworms is a condition in which a person (often young children, sometimes parents of young children) has little parasites called pinworms in his large intestine and his poop. Pinworms are threadlike worms about half an inch long, causing the main symptom of butt-itching or butt-scratching in kids. Treatment is usually ...Read more
Is It possible for pinworms to live in hard constipation stools? Or are they only present in soft runny stool?
On iron tabs 2months with chronic diarrhoea + average, with days of constipation and alot of anal discharge and pinworms.Had meds for Worms.Need help?
Not the worms: Pinworm infection is caused by enterobius vermicularis a small, white worm w/ pointed tail. In humans, they reside in the lower colon. Typically asymptomatic or cause perianal itching. The tiny worms are not invasive and do not cause rectal bleeding. Severe irritation from aggressive scratching could be source of local, minimal bleeding but is unlikely. ...Read more
Yes in the anal area: Itching is severeGet a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can pinworms cause hemorrhoids?
- Can pinworms cause stomach pain?
- Can pinworms be cause complications during pregnancy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can overeating cause constipation?
- Can synthroid cause constipation?
- Can advil cause constipation?
- Can diverticulitis cause constipation?
- Talk to a pediatrician online