Doctor insights on:
Can Pinworm Be Transmitted From Person To Person
Yes & no: The transmission of pinworms requires the ingestion of pinworm eggs.These quite easily end up on the fingers of someone changing the bed linen or sharing a bed with an infected person who sheds them. They are not transmitted from blood, saliva or a sneeze, like many other agents. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Pinworms is a condition in which a person (often young children, sometimes parents of young children) has little parasites called pinworms in his large intestine and his poop. Pinworms are threadlike worms about half an inch long, causing the main symptom of butt-itching or butt-scratching in kids. Treatment is usually ...Read more
Ingested: U get pin worms by putting egg contaminated fingers in the mouth.The eggs travel through, hatch & begin to live in your large intestines.Living pw's crawl out your anus &lay eggs.If you get an allergic rxn to the glue like stuff the eggs are laid in, it will itch a lot. Rx is so simple & free of side effects many just treat on suspicion. Otc pin worm med is available or an rx pill can be called in. ...Read more
Pinworm: The pinworm migrate in the rectum as they mature, then released their eggs usually at 10 pm in the evening and the eggs or ova are excreted in gthe anus, this caused sevee itching, the child scratch his anus and the ova cling to the finger or finger nail and the child put his fingers in his mouth and swallow those eggs and the cycle repeat itself. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can scabies be transmitted from person to person?
- Can lyme disease be transmitted from person to person?
- Can ecoli be transmitted for person to person?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is androgenic alopecia transmitted from person to person?
- Can lupus be transmitted to another person?
- Can you get pinworms from food?
- Can pinworm by caught from my toothbrush?
- Talk to a pediatrician online